Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dear Kai...

There are so many things at 14 months that I never want to forget.  I am so thankful that I am able to spend the summer months at home with you and learn more and more about you every day.

You have recently gotten "hooked" on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I say "hooked" because it usually only lasts about 10 minutes or so before you are off and doing something else, but this is the most you've ever watched t.v.  It all started one morning when you woke up before I was finished getting ready for work.  I plunked you on the bed and turned on the Disney Channel.  You were glued!  Now, our summer routine has become: wake up, watch Mickey for 10 minutes, realize you are hungry for breakfast, finish watching Mickey while eating breakfast. 

Speaking of breakfast, you are definitely good at knowing meal and snack times!!  In the morning, you will go over to your highchair when you are ready for breakfast.  Then at snack time, all I say is "Kai, do you want a snack?" and you are headed for your chair.  Lunch and supper is a little difficult.  As soon as you know that food is being prepared, you want to be up in your chair eating!!  For awhile you went on a kick where you wouldn't eat fruit and now it's the first (and sometimes only) thing you eat!!  

At 14 months, you are incredibly social!  You LOVE playing with the kids in our neighborhood and if you were older, I could probably let you wander on your own while I watched from the driveway.  Sorry buddy, you'll have to wait a couple of years before I let that happen.  Although I'm sure the older kids would take great care of you.  Besides the 6 month old baby next door, the closest in age to you is 3.5 years old and they sure do love you!  

I've said this many times, but I sure do love your sweetness too.  In the morning and after a long morning of play, you can usually be found snuggled up on the couch with your binky and blankie.  I don't know if I've seen anything sweeter.  

For the longest time I was so sad to see you growing.  Of course I wanted you to be healthy and grow, but I was so sad to be losing my baby.  I think I'm finally okay with it because I'm seeing that your love for your mama is still strong and you are so fun at this age!  

Happy 14 months baby boy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment