Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dear Kai...

I am writing this letter to you for a very specific reason.  As I type, you are sound asleep in the next room.  In a few short weeks, Mama will be heading back to work and you back to daycare.  I'm getting teary just typing those words.  We have had such a fun summer, haven't we?  That is the purpose of this letter -- to wrap up all of those summer memories so we can cherish them forever.

Our summer started out slow and cold but I was so happy to be home with you.  I remember that first week, trying to come up with fun adventures for us everyday.  By Wednesday, I was out of ideas! The weather was not cooperating.  We went to the mall, library, Target, and discovered toys that we had forgotten about at home.

By week two, we were into a routine.  We went to story time almost every Monday morning and made some new friends.  We set up play dates for Tuesdays or Wednesdays, and then Thursdays and Fridays we spent with the Malcolm girls.



There are so many things that I want to remember about you from this summer but I think I can do it best in pictures....

....your love of bikes.  I can just feel how much you want to keep up with the "big kids" on the street...if only you could ride a bike.


....your fearlessness.  A leech?  No problem.


....your love for these two girls.  I think you are going to grow up knowing that it is your job to protect them.


....being anywhere outside is your happy place.  Parks, pools, driveways...you name it - you love it.


....the ease at which you could make friends.



....your BLOND hair.  Yes, it is coming in and it is is blond.  You are a heartbreaker with that blond hair, dark brown eyes, and tan skin.


....saying goodbye to your almost toothless grin.  You've had two teeth since right before your birthday and in the past couple of weeks we've seen and felt at least 4 coming in at once.  You are being a champ, but I'll be sad to see your gummy smile go.



....your love of the water!  Swimming lessons came at the end of the summer but luckily you enjoyed the water long before.  Although I'm with you on the temperature....put me in cold water and I'm outta there!  You seem to have the same opinion.





  

....our play dates.  Honestly, you would play with just about anyone, but it's nice to have some friends your own age too.



....the fun we had at story time.
Story time at the Arboretum

Arboretum after story time

Last day of story time at the library
 .....your love for rides!  We took you on rides at Sturgis Falls and the Franklin County Fair this year and you loved them all!



I mean, just look at that smile.


I hope you enjoyed this summer as much as I did!  I can't wait to make more memories this winter and for summers to come.

Love always, 
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment