Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tyson's birthday weekend

Tyson's birthday was on Friday (11/5).  He had mentioned the week before that we hadn't been to Jack & Arnie's for a long time, so we decided we would go for his birthday.  So, we headed there after work on Friday.  It was a pretty busy place! :)  We stopped at a friends' house on our way home because they had gotten Tyson a cupcake from Scratch bakery.  Luckily for me, they actually got TWO, so we came home and enjoyed a birthday cupcake for each of us.  I also gave Tyson his birthday present, which was tickets for us to to go a Wakey! Wakey! concert in Iowa City on Saturday.  He's known for awhile that we were going to go to IC, but he didn't know why until Friday night.  (We found/heard of Wakey! Wakey! on One Tree Hill, so if you watch the show, you know what I'm talking about)

On Saturday morning, Tyson got up early like usual and I slept late like usual.  We lounged around, watched the Iowa game, and then finally showered and packed our bags for Iowa City.  We left around 3:00pm.  We stayed at the Holidy Inn Express in Coralville and right next to it was the Black & Gold store.  Tyson wanted to go there before we went to the concert.  They literally have anything Iowa Hawkeyes that you can think of!  We didn't end up buying anything, but we were kind of in a hurry.  Maybe we'll have to make a stop back....or maybe I'll have to go for some Christmas shopping.... :) :)

The concert was at Blue Moose Tap House downtown.  We got there a little early (my fault!) so we had a couple drinks and waited for the band to start.  There were 2 opening acts before Wakey! Wakey!  When it was finally their turn, Tyson was like a little kid in a candy store!  He was smiling ear to ear and couldn't wait for them to start! Hahahaha!

After the concert, we were STARVING!! However, nothing is open at 11:30pm for dinner :).  We finally found an Old Chicago so we enjoyed dinner at midnight, just as their kitchen was closing.  They probably hated us, but there was another table that ordered at the same time as us.  On Sunday, we slept in all morning.  Well...I did anything.  Tyson read his book and ESPN.com.  We headed home at about 10:30am.  Tyson spent the rest of the day relaxing and sleeping, and I headed to school to get my classroom ready!

***Pictures to come from the weekend.***

1 comment:

  1. Even though I'm a OTH fan, I didn't know this band so I had to look it up. Grubbs! Yes, I like that music too!

    ReplyDelete