Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mud, Creeks, and an Iowa game

This was  BUSY weekend (for me anyway).  Friday night, Elizabeth and I headed to Urbandale to spend the night.  On Saturday, we ran in the Living History Farms race.  It's 7 miles through the woods, fields, mud, and creeks but it is SO much fun!  We didn't get any pictures taken :(  but we dressed up as the 80s.  We had side pony tails in scrunchies, leggings, big sweatshirts (with the necks cut to show our sports bras).  We finished and hurried back to shower. 

Elizabeth and I then went our separate ways: she went back to Waterloo and I went to Iowa City to meet Tyson for the Iowa game.  He had been tailgating since about 8:30 that morning.  I arrived in Iowa City before the game started, but drove around looking for a parking spot for about 30 min, so I ended up being about 10 min late for the game!  The game was fun, even though Iowa lost!  (booo!!)  After the game, it took us over an hour to get to I-80 to get home!  (My parking spot ended up putting us right where EVERYONE else was parked).  We made it to Cedar Rapids, ate at Chili's, and then finally got home around 10pm.  We pretty much went straight to bed; it was a LONG day for both of us.  (Sorry, no pictures from the game either!!)

Today, Tyson spent the day on the couch watching tv and reading, while I spent the majority of the day at school.  I've been spending every Sunday there since I started and feel like I get nowhere every time.  Although today I got my room rearranged and really love it now!! One of these days I'll hopefully feel like I'm not always trying to catch up.  I guess that's what happens when you get hired 2 months after school started!

Anyway, we leave for Mexico in 4 days. We'll be staying in Moline on Wednesday night, catching a taxi to the airport Thursday morning, and on our way to Mexico by 6:15am!!  We are both SOOO excited!  Now....what to pack?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment