Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Off to a good start!

This week we started school!  I met some of my students on Wednesday night at "Meet the Teacher Night", and then school started Thursday morning.  These first few days, we are doing a lot of getting-to-know-you stuff.  Maybe I'm a fun hater, but I can't wait to start giving reading tests to see what levels they are reading at right now! Hahaha! I'm sure the kids can wait for that.

My class consists of 22 students: 13 girls, 9 boys.  They seem like a really good group of students.  I'm still really thankful when my students from last year stop in my room or see me in the hallway and give me a hug.  I'm missing those kids!! 

I was exhausted by Friday at 4:00pm and needed this weekend to REST!  I'm ready for a full week next week, but come Wednesday, I might be dragging.  I think it's all a combination of being back with students all day, waking up early, and no air conditioning.  When we're sweating all day in that building, it sure does take away your energy! 

I'm excited for a great year! I can see some great potential in these kiddos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment