Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 15, 2011

Slow down, August!!

Wow, we've been BUSY since returning from our anniversary vacation! 

The first weekend we were home (7/29-7/31), Tyson spent the weekend in Bettendorf.  He left on Friday afternoon to stay with some friends of ours.  On Saturday, he ran the Bix 7 in Davenport, and then returned home on Sunday afternoon.  I spent the weekend celebrating my dad's birthday on Friday night and then relaxing the rest of the weekend.

The following weekend (8/5-8/7), was my turn to be gone.  Wendy, Ava, and I went to visit our cousin Lorinda and her family in Missouri.  We left Friday afternoon and came home on Sunday.  We spent the weekend learning what it was like to have twins!!  (Lorinda and her husband Jason have 7 month old twin boys).  Tyson spent the weekend having a man-date with Darren on Friday night, and then cleaning!!  What a great husband!

The week after we returned from Missouri, I spent a few days getting my classroom back in order!  On the last day of school we had to move everything off of the floor and onto something permanent or on wheels so our floors could be waxed during the summer. 

This past weekend, Tyson and I were both gone....but we were finally together this time!!  We both left on Friday for Michigan, only Tyson made a pit-stop in Chicago to pick up his friend Kevin at the airport.  The guys competed in a half IronMan triathlon in Benton Harbor, MI on Sunday.  This was Kevin's first half IronMan and he did GREAT!!  However, the swim got cancelled because the water was too rough (there were HUGE waves!!), so I think he's feeling a little cheated on his first half.  Maybe another one will happen in the future???  :)

And finally....I started back to school today.  These first 3 days are just meetings, meetings, meetings, and the kids will return on Thursday!  I'm excited for a new year and to meet my class.  I know several of the kids from last year, so I'm looking forward to a great year.  I'll keep you updated on the first day of school with my class!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment