Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ava's Birthday Weekend

Last weekend we celebrated Ava's 3rd birthday!!  Can she really be 3 already?!  I still remember Wendy calling me when I was student teaching to tell me she was checking in to the hospital.  I also remember how long we waited to meet this precious little baby....until the wee hours of the night!
Baby Ava!
We definitely celebrated Ava's birthday in style!  Darren and Wendy got a suite at the Isle hotel so we spent Saturday afternoon swimming.  Even Ella and Kai got to go swimming!  The hot tub was the perfect temperature for them.  It felt just like bath water. 
So relaxed

Birthday girl!
 (I just realized that I didn't get a picture of Ella on my camera!! I'll have to steal one from Wendy)

After swimming, we headed up to the "penthouse" to check out our room!  OMG it was amazing! I think we all could have just hung out in the master bathroom all night! Next it was time for presents and pizza!  After pizza and naps for the babies, it was bath time for all of the kids!  Kai and Ella took turns floating in the 'boat' in the bath tub!  
He loves his cousins

Birthday girl checking out her goodies!

Just reading a book in the floaty

Floating away in the bath tub

On Sunday morning, the guys took Ava down to swim one last time while Wendy and I stayed in the room with the babies.  Kai and Ella got some snuggling time in on the king size bed!



We checked out around 10:45 and went home to relax for just a little while.  Then it was back to Malcolm's for Ava's birthday party!  She is one loved little girl! She definitely hit the jackpot in presents (as always).  The theme for Ava's party was a tea party.  This girl loves to play tea party!  If you remember from a few posts ago, Kai has already has his first tea party with her.  After the party, Kai and I were ready for a nap.  I think within 15 minutes of getting home, we were snuggled up and passed out on the couch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment