Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Fun and Fussy Weekend

Starting the weekend off right with a lazy Friday night at home
Tyson woke up bright and early Saturday morning to head to Iowa City for the football game.  Kai and I slept in a little bit longer and waited for Ella to come over for a play date!  Wendy and Darren both had to work and Ava was at my parent's house, so Kai and I got to play with Ella!  She came over about 8:00 and both babies "played" together until about 9:00.  Then it was time for Ella's bottle.  After her bottle, both babies were ready for a nap!  I was thinking this was pretty easy and probably could have snuck in a nap myself if I wanted.  My friend Elizabeth joined us around 10:30.  She stayed most of the morning and afternoon.  I was thinking that I might need some help, especially if both babies needed to eat at the same time.  Well, that never happened because Ella spent most of our play date sleeping. :)




We cheered on the Hawkeyes and then my parents showed up with Ava around halftime.  They stayed until Wendy got off work just before 3:00.  After everyone left, Kai and I took a two-hour nap on the couch until Tyson got home at 6:00.

Sunday started off with Kai and Tyson getting up around 7:30.  I got to sleep in until 9:30.  As soon as I walked out of the bedroom, I could hear Kai fussing.  Of course I figured it was because he was hungry.  I fed him and he started to fall asleep, but then woke up when I moved and the fussing continued.  We then decided to enjoy the weather and take a walk.  It was so nice out and we got to see all of the leaves that have changed color already(we only have one tiny tree in our yard).  After showering/getting ready (and trying to do anything and everything to make Kai happy) we made a quick trip to Target.  Then it was back home to listen to more fussing!  Nothing was working.  We tried getting Kai to sleep, feeding him, his Jumperoo, tummy time, snuggling, sitting up, and the list goes on and on.  Nothing seemed to do the trick.  Finally Tyson found something that worked for the time being....


We're seeing a lot of this lately...


...so we're thinking the chewing paired with the fussing can only mean one thing: teeth are coming!  However, when I feel his gums, I'm not feeling any little bumps.  I hope teething doesn't last too long.  I'm not ready for him to have teeth yet, but if it makes him feel better, bring them on!

Around 4:00, we headed to Waverly for a birthday pool party for our friend, Hallie.  She'll be turning 3 in a few weeks, but her mama is almost 40weeks pregnant, so an early party was definitely necessary!
A little unsure....




Much happier wrapped in a towel

Tyson got in the water with Kai at the party.  Tyson never got to join us at the pool this summer, so I let them bond!  He thought that Kai wasn't really a fan of the splashing (there were A LOT of kids).  He didn't cry or whine, he just didn't act like he really loved it.  He did enjoy watching all of the other kids eat their pizza and cupcakes though!

Birthday girl blowing out her candles
 Kai slept the whole way home from Waverly.  When we got home, I made some homemade oatmeal cereal for Kai to try.  He's been eating homemade rice cereal almost every night since September 1st, but after some reading last night (rice cereal can cause constipation), I decided I wanted to switch over to oatmeal.  He gobbled it right up like I thought he would.   For dessert, he chewed on a frozen teething ring.


I'm hoping this relieved some of the pain
We had such a fun weekend, even with the fussiness today.  We could be completely wrong and maybe it isn't teeth that are bothering him at all.  I'm hoping for my happy boy to join us in the morning after a good night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment