Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Family

Is there really anything better than family?  Even now, as an adult with a family of my own, I love family weekends.  Both of my parents come from large families, which means those families grew even bigger when my parents and their siblings had children.  Now those children (us) are having children.  Each side of my family keeps getting larger and larger!  I think every time we get together there's a new baby to love on!  In 2012, my sister and I had babies, along with one cousin from each side.  In 2013, I have three cousins due who are all on my mom's side of the family!!  To break it down for you into numbers....

Pecha side (Dad's family)
  • 5 aunts, 4 uncles
  • 12 cousins (+8 spouses)
  • 17 second cousins 


Meinders side (Mom's family)
  • 5 aunts, 5 uncles
  • 11 cousins (+5 spouses)
  • 14 second cousins (+3 on the way) 

*my family adds another 10 people to each family*

This may explain why Tyson swears that I'm related to half the state of Iowa, or at least most of the population of Dumont.

Anyway, I love when the holidays roll around and we get together.  I've always loved that half of my mom's family lives in Missouri, which means when we get together, it's for a few days.  I still love staying up late with everyone.  When we were younger (and fewer in numbers) we used to cram into sleeping bags, on air mattresses, and blankets in the basements of houses. 

Now that we have Kai, I am so thankful that he will be able to grow up with his cousins.  I can't wait for sleepovers and traditions to start.  I know he'll always love and look forward to those times, even if he ends up with all girl cousins. :) 

On Sunday, the two youngest cousins got to "bond" at the craft show.  Actually, those were sleeping and awake at opposite times, but they did a little lovin' when we came back to our house.



No comments:

Post a Comment