Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 17, 2012

Welcome, Fall!

As much as I love the warm weather in the summer (and having the time off from school), there is just something about fall that I can't get enough of!  I love everything fall: the colorful leaves, warm days and cool nights, the numerous 'fall festivals', pumpkin carving, pumpkin farms, my birthday, and the list goes on and on.

This weekend we had our first taste of fall.  We went for a family walk around the neighborhood on Friday night.  Tyson ended up staying at a neighbor's house for awhile, so I got Kai to myself for a couple more hours.  On Saturday, Tyson had to go to Iowa City for work so Kai and I were on our own again.  We headed over to Malcolm's to bring Ella some UNI and Iowa apparel so she could cheer on her favorite team on Saturday.  Later in the afternoon, my parents and the Malcolm girls came over to watch the Iowa vs. UNI game.  My mom had just gotten back from her Ecuador trip on Friday night, so she had lots to tell us about! 
Ava and Kai having a tea party

My parents were babysitting Ava and Ella while Wendy and Darren went to a friend's birthday party, so after the game Tyson, Kai, and I brought supper over and watched "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" at the Malcolm's.  (Yes, we were driving back and forth to each others houses all day).
Nana got to feed Kai some rice cereal!

On Sunday we all met for brunch at Perkins and then headed to the Cedar Valley Arboretum for their Fall Festival.  The weather was perfect!  They had scarecrows everywhere, vendors, old cars, face painting, and some kids crafts.  Ava loved the huge sandbox and didn't want to leave!  Luckily she got to spend some time in it with Papa while Kai and Ella were eating.  It was the perfect weekend to start the fall!  



2 comments: