Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 3, 2012

Cereal, Football, & a Labor-Free Weekend

Wow! What an exciting weekend around here!

On Friday, I got out of school early due to the heat.  I picked up Kai from daycare and we met Wendy and Ella at a garage sale.  Then we picked up pizza from Papa Murphy's and headed home.  Wendy went to pick up Ava from daycare and then the Malcolm girls came over.  Kai decided to show off his sitting-up skills for all of us!  Tyson and Darren showed up after work and we enjoyed pizza and a Friday night of relaxation!


Not a very clear picture but I was trying to hurry. Ava freaked when we put Kai next to her!

Then we took him away and she said "Cheese!" and started kissing Ella!

Saturday marked the start of College Football (well, I actually think games started on Thursday).  I got Kai dressed in his gold and black right away.  While the boys were watching football, I got busy on making homemade rice cereal.

1/2 c. of rice                                                       Dumped into your blender*                           Blend until you have a powder



 Rice powder (refrigerate until ready to use)                   Boil 1/2 c. of water                       Mix in 2 tbsp.* powder & WHISK!


Add in your choice of breast milk or formula and voila....baby rice cereal!

 * I used the Ninja to grind up the rice into a powder, but it didn't do the job I wanted it to do.  I had to switch over to the blender which did a much better job.  I'll save the Ninja for when I need to puree fruits and veggies.
* Kai didn't even come close to eating the amount of rice cereal that 1/2 c. of water and 2 tbsp. rice powder made.  I think I will try a smaller amount tonight.

After I had the rice ground up into a powder, Kai and I took off for Target and Walmart.  We were told we needed to be back for the start of the Iowa game at 2:30. We made it back with 10 minutes to spare!  And this is what we rushed back for....


...so Kai could sleep through the first half of the game!

When he woke up, he was ready to cheer the Hawks on to a victory!




 After a Hawkeye victory and before bath time and bedtime, Kai got to try his first bite of rice cereal.  I'm not really sure what he thought of it.  He spit out half and ate half.  We'll keep trying.




(video to come at a later date when it isn't taking so long to upload)

On Sunday we made a quick trip to the mall and then to a neighbor's house to grill.  We stayed as long as we could but had to leave before the s'mores got started.  Kai was getting tired and would not fall asleep.  He was asleep before we got home (in the 2 block drive).

Today, we are both spending the last day of our long weekend at home with our favorite little guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment