Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dear Kai...

We are entering Mommy's favorite time of the year: Christmas! There's just something about it that makes me anxious for this time every year! I love all of the time spent with family, the music, the lights, the movies, and the quiet snowfalls that often happen while we are sleeping.  Most of all, I love the traditions!  As a little girl, I always knew what to expect.  We would get dressed up for the Christmas Eve service as church (which I was often in).  It was always a candle lit service and the whole congregation would sing Silent Night until the entire church was glowing with candles.  After church, my Grandpa & Grandma Meinders and Great Aunt and Uncle would come over to open presents! It always took hours to get to the last present, but it was my favorite family time!  Mommy, Uncle Josh, and Aunt Wendy would then go to bed, in hopes that Santa would bring us just what we had asked for.

On Christmas morning, Santa always left a pile for me, Wendy, Josh, and Nana & Papa.  The rest of the day we would watch new movies, play new games, and try on new clothes.

Now it's time for Mommy and Daddy to start some traditions with you.  I know you'll never remember your first few Christmases, but it's important to us that you know the true meaning of this holiday season as well as enjoying some family traditions for years to come. I would like to do a combination of something that Mommy and Daddy each did as children, as well as adding a new tradition to call our own.

I hope you grow to love this time of year as much as I do.

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment