Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our holiday weekend started right away on Wednesday with guests arriving from Nevada and Colorado.  Three of the guys that Tyson grew up with and their significant others were joining us for Thanksgiving this year!

Tyson headed down to Des Moines on Wednesday morning to pick up the gang.  By the time I was out of school, picked up Ava, Ella, and Kai at daycare, they were already in Cedar Falls.  This was the first time that any of them had met Kai.  My parents brought a Mexican feast down for supper and we spent the night catching up.  The last time Tyson and I saw everyone was at our wedding over two years ago!!

On Thursday we had a lazy morning at home and then headed to my parents around mid-morning.  We spent the day cooking, drinking, and relaxing while the guys were outside practicing at the "Pecha Shooting Range" (aka my parents' yard).  We ate around 3:30pm and then continued with the drinking and relaxing.  Most of the men dozed off at one point or another.  We decided to head back to Cedar Falls around 7:00pm, as we had an early morning ahead of us!


At 4:15am on Friday morning, our alarm clock was ringing!  Time to get up and head to Iowa City!  My parents drove down to our house in the wee hours of the morning so they could spend the day with Kai (aren't they great?!).  I'm not quite ready to leave him overnight yet, especially because he's not sleeping through the night.  We left for IC around 5:00am and the tailgating began soon after we arrived.  However, it didn't last long before everyone was so cold that we decided to pack it up and head over to The Vine, a local sports bar. 

***I should mention that on the way to IC, I realized that I had left my battery pack for my pump at home and I didn't have the wall plug either.  In a mad rush to figure out what I was going to do all day, I became the proud owner of a manual pump! ***

The guys went to the game while myself, Jen, and Caleb hit up the movie theater!  After (another) loss, we headed back to Cedar Falls to relieve my parents from babysitting.

Saturday morning was our first morning to sleep in!! Even Kai got the memo and slept until 7:30am.  We had a really lazy morning and afternoon.  Everyone except myself and Kai went to Beck's around 2:00pm to watch some of the games that were on.  Kai and I did go and visit them after he woke up from his nap though.  They got home around 10:00 and Kai was already fast asleep.

Our last day with everyone was today.  Kai and I stayed home while everyone else went to Perkins for breakfast (it was Kai's nap time).  The rest of the of the morning/early afternoon was spent with everyone packing up, cleaning the van & garage, watching football, and getting some last minute snuggles in with Kai.  They left for Des Moines at 1:30 to catch their flight home.

It was so great to see everyone again!  When these guys get together, it's usually a loud and crazy time, but it only happens once a year or every other year.  

I can't find our camera cord to upload pictures, so I'll have to add some later!

No comments:

Post a Comment