Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dear Kai (a birthday letter)...

Exactly one year ago today, you made me the happiest mommy in the world.  I cannot even remember what it was like without you here.  I will never forget the first time that I laid eyes on you.  I could not believe that this tiny, beautiful baby boy was really mine and that you were FINALLY here!

Some of my favorite things about you right now is the way that you (usually) go down for naps and to bed so easily.  This has taken a lot of long nights and loud cries, but it was all because I love you.  Another favorite is how good of an eater you are!! You love just about everything we put in front of you, although you've become a little picky about fruit.  I think you'll eventually enjoy fruit again someday, but for now I'm not worried.  I love watching you play outside!! It is just becoming nice enough to play outside and you seem to LOVE it.  My favorite thing about you right now is that even though you are becoming incredibly independent, there are times when you still need your mommy.  Today was one of those days.  You wanted to be held and cuddle most of the day and it was just what I needed today too.

Today was a bittersweet day as I'm not ready for my baby to grow up yet, but I am so excited to see what else you will learn to do and say.  Thank you for making me the happiest mommy in the world!

I love you sweet boy.

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I can't catch a break today. Lorinda's video made me cry this morning... and now this! :) love you, Baby Kai! (I think he will always be baby Kai) :) P.S. I may or may not need your help this summer getting Ella to nap better. Yikes... :(

    ReplyDelete