Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kai is O-N-E!!

The celebrating isn't over yet, but Kai has had his fair share of gifts and partying already!!  We still have his birthday party on Saturday with family and close friends and that will wrap up his week of celebrations!! 


On Tuesday, I used my personal day to stay home with Kai!  We had pictures scheduled for 10:30am and were just going to play the rest of the day by ear.  I was hoping to go to the park or at least for a walk.  Well, the rain ruined almost all of our plans - including birthday pictures!!  We improvised and went to the Malcolm's to play with Ava and Ella instead!


I had planned to make pancakes for Kai's birthday breakfast, but I found out as I was getting my ingredients ready that I didn't have enough milk (mommy fail!!). 

After breakfast, we headed out in the rain to get some books from my brother in-law that I wanted for Kai's pictures.  Soon after we got back home, Kai fell asleep and pictures were rescheduled.  (I guess we didn't have to go out in the rain after all). 
Headed out in the rain in jammies!
Sleepy boy!
 While Kai slept, I kept myself busy by baking a cake (for later use).  After Kai's nap, I got him dressed in his BIRTHDAY BOY shirt and off we went to the Malcolm's. 


 We played and ate lunch, then headed back home.  Kai fell asleep in the van, so I hauled my sleeping baby into his crib for another nap when we got home.  This time while Kai slept, I crumbled up my perfect strawberry cake, mixed it with strawberry frosting, and rolled it into cake balls.  These were for Kai to take to daycare on Wednesday.  

After Kai woke up, we headed out to get ingredients for homemade pizza for supper!  Tyson got home soon after we got back, so while the boys played, I got creative with the pizza!  


This kid LOVES pizza and baked beans.  His bananas, on the other hand, were already on the floor!
 After supper, Kai opened his presents from us, and then we went to get him an ice cream cone from 4 Queens.  However, when we pulled out of the drive-thru, I noticed that our birthday boy was snoozing in the backseat!!  When we got home, he didn't even open his eyes as I unstrapped him from his car seat.  I took off his jacket & jeans and put our sleeping one year old to bed, still wearing his BIRTHDAY BOY onesie.  :)  This boy can only handle so much excitement in one day!!  I'm wondering what Saturday will look like!!   







Today (Wednesday), Kai got to celebrate his birthday at daycare!!  I didn't drop him off or pick him up today, but Tyson said the house was decorated with streamers!  Kai came home with an armful of gifts and said the cake balls were a hit!!  After supper and a bath, Kai enjoyed his ice cream cone - but I think it was a little too cold because he kept grabbing his tongue.
Cake balls and daycare presents!!
Yummy ice cream!
We had a great two days of celebrations!  Now we have our pictures on Friday after work and party on Saturday!  Kai's 12-month check-up is Monday, so I'll be back with his update next week!


Has it really been a whole year?!?!



1 comment: