Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Strep Throat...Again!! and Tyson's solo trip to Branson


I started this blog when I had strep throat, and here I am again (4 months later) and this illness is back!  Will my body become immune to this at some point?? I won't get into details because I'm sure most of you know what it's like to have strep.

Tyson and I were supposed to leave for Branson on Friday for his Ironman 70.3 triathlon, however, after having a fever starting on Thursday..Tyson made the executive decision that I needed to stay home and rest.  So off he went Friday morning around 8:00am or so.  He arrived in Branson at my aunt and uncle's house around 6:30pm.  He said he found their house without a probably (thanks to his BlackBerry) but any 10+ hour drive is miserable, especially alone. 


Today (Saturday) he went to pick up his registration packet and then drove the bike course.  He said that they could not have fit anymore hills into the course if they tried!  He'll do great anyway!

Look for updates after tomorrow's race!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add....while the weather was cold and rainy here in Iowa today, he said it was miserable and hot in Branson! That should make for a fun day of racing tomorrow.

GO TYSON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment