Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A day trip and a triathlon

On Friday after school, I went straight to work at Pheasant Ridge while Tyson traveled to Jewell with the G-R football team.  He got home late and I was already in bed. 

On Saturday, I was back at Pheasant Ridge by 6:30am and Tyson got to sleep in and spend some time relaxing and watching the Hawkeyes play!  When I got off work, we left for Dumont.  Our original plans were for Tyson to ride his bike to Hampton (part of his training) and I would drive over and pick him up.  However, with crappy weather on Saturday, Tyson decided not to ride, but we still wanted to go. I dropped Tyson off at my parents' house and my mom and I took off to go to Hampton to the Orange Possum!  I got some GREAT new stuff!!  After O.P., my mom and I walked around to a few other stores in Hampton, got some cappuccino, and then went to Fareway to get groceries for supper.  We spent the next couple hours relaxing, watching football, and eating supper.  Then we took off for Cedar Falls.  Before going home, we made a stop at the Malcolm's to pick up some cookie dough.

Today, Tyson had the Peregrine Triathlon at George Wyth.  We got up around 5:30am so I could put on his temporary race number tattoos and get everything packed up in the truck.  It was a CHILLY morning for a race, but luckily for us, Tyson was the first wave out, which also meant he was one of the first ones done!  Yay!!  My parents decided to come down for the race too, so I had someone to wait with while Tyson was out racing!  After the race, the 4 of us met the Malcolm's and Hannah at Panera for breakfast.  Tyson and I spent the rest of the morning relaxing (I napped and he watched tv).  I then made a quick trip to Kohl's, Walmart for groceries, and we hit up our neighborhood party for about 30 minutes.  Now, I just finished doing report cards which are due in the morning and about ready to head to bed.  What a great weekend!!  

Tri tats

Finally we had someone to take a picture of us together before a race!!

Ready to hit the chilly water!

Crusin' in on his bike

And he's off on the run!

FINISHED!!

While we waited for Tyson to finish, my parents found a different type of bike to check out!

It's a busy week coming up: 3 days of school, 2 days of my first parent-teacher conferences, and then a sleepover with Ava this weekend!  Then, only one more week of full-time teaching before the kids have intercession.

No comments:

Post a Comment