Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Parents in Training

After a BUSY week with two days of parent-teacher conferences, I was ready to relax this weekend!  In case I hadn't mentioned before, Tyson is the athletic trainer for G-R football, so that keeps him busy every Friday night.  It was G-R's homecoming, so I headed to Gladbrook for the game.  They won 49-6!  Way to go Rebels!  After the game, we went to Mulligan's for a late supper.  I was almost asleep when we were there, so I went right to bed when we got home.

On Saturday, I slept ALL morning!!  My parents and Lewis' stopped by on their way to the UNI game to see Ava, who showed up around 1:00pm.  Wendy and Darren were headed to Des Moines for a wedding, so Tyson and I were in charge of Ava and Sophie for the night.  However, Tyson had a ticket to the Iowa vs. Penn State game, so he left around 2:30, and then it was just the 3 girls.  We didn't really have any plans, so we went to Target for a little while, but spent most of the afternoon playing at home.  I made pancakes for supper (my favorite!!) and Ava loved them too.  I'm sure Sophie would have loved them if I had given in to her whining.  :) After supper and Ava's bath, we watched some of the Iowa game watching for Uncle Tyson on the tv! We never saw him though.

This morning we woke up around 7:45am and played inside while it was still cold out.  Then we went for a walk and Ava was out right away.  (We left Tyson and Sophie at home...they were napping).  I CAREFULLY got Ava out of her stroller and into her pack-n-play to finish her nap at home.  By the time she finally woke up and ate lunch, mommy and daddy were here to pick her up!!  Ahhh....another great weekend in the Burton household.

Reading her favorite book - "Sooo Big"

Happy baby!! :)

Walking around the table AND trying to grab the remote.

Lovin' on her new baby.
I'll be finishing my last full week at Cunningham this week, although I'll be teaching an additional 2 weeks during intercession, but those are just half-days. 

3 comments:

  1. So Tyson mentioned a while back that the day you spent helping out with the kids at church was great birth control. What about having Ava, did she change your minds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You'll have to ask Tyson that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just my insight into an answer for that one. I think having Ava around would make everyone want a dozen babies....just like her!!

    ReplyDelete