Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, October 16, 2010

One!!

Last weekend, we celebrated Ava's 1st birthday.  This weekend we celebrated Miss Hallie Brown's 1st birthday!  Hallie is the daughter of our friends, Knut and Molly.  It just so happened that I was watching Ava today too, so she got to come to the birthday party with us! 

Ava and I spent the morning at her house, then Ava ate her snack in her highchair that I pulled into the hallway (shhh! Don't tell Wendy and Darren) so that I could straighten my hair in the bathroom.  Then we got Ava dressed in her party outfit and went to my house so I could get mine on too.  I decided to leave an hour before the party so that Ava would take a nap in the car.  She fell asleep RIGHT away, so instead of waking her up when I got to Denver, I took a self-tour of the town. :)

The party started at 12:00pm and Ava woke up just in time (she obviously knew it was time to party!).  Hallie had her party at the park across the street from their house and the weather was perfect! They had food catered in from HyVee and a pink polkadot cake! We ate lunch at a picnic table and while Ava was eating, she decided that she loves Uncle Tyson again! (YAAAAAYYYY!!!)  After lunch and cake, it was present time.  Hallie scored some good loot!!

Happy 1st birthday, Hallie!!  (Her birthday isn't until Tuesday, so she's not 1 quite yet)

Resting up for the party!

Here comes the birthday girl!

Brown family
Ava giving Tyson some (long-awaited) lovin!

Auntie Rachel and Ava
Showing off for the crowd!

Swinging!!
Hallie's personal cake
Dig in Hallie! 

Ava thought eating cake was HILARIOUS!

Birthday presents! She was more interested in the cards than the gifts :)

Playing with a new present

Hallie looks like she's going in for the attack!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like Ava had a great time! The cake looks so cute! Glad she likes Uncle Tyson again!

    ReplyDelete