Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

This is the 3rd Halloween (Nevada Day) that Tyson and I have been together, and every year we've both picked out a pumpkin and spent a night carving.  Here are the results of this year and the previous 2 years.

2008

2009 - Tyson carved the left side, I carved the right

2009 - My pumpkin

2009 - Tyson's pumpkin

2010 - Tyson's pumpkin

2010 - My pumpkin

Now we're ready for trick-or-treaters!
Now, if you don't know why I said "Halloween (Nevada Day)" above...this is because Tyson calls October 31 'Nevada Day'.  This was the day that Nevada became a state and part of the Union.  So, if you live in Nevada on October 31st, this is a state wide holiday.  We're talking no school, bed frame races in Carson City, parade, and lots of celebrating!  So around our home, October 31st means a little more than just costumes, pumpkins, and candy.  :)

2 comments:

  1. That's right! Your a good woman for recognizing Nevada Day! It's a huge deal to us natives! I always loved it cause we had the day off from school and parades were the thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with the pumpkins. Darren and I have been together for 7 Halloweens and have NEVER carved pumpkins. In fact, I've never done them in my adult life and don't even really remember helping as a kid. We didn't even do it this year with Ava. I figure next year she'll be able to help more.

    ReplyDelete