Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 17, 2010

24 Years Young :)

Don't worry, I didn't forget it was my birthday or forget to blog about it.  I just wanted to wait until all of the celebrating was done!  My birthday was last Wednesday (10/13).  I had to teach in the morning and then was going to have the rest of the afternoon off.  Unfortunately, no one else had the rest of the day off.  :)  My first surprise was in the morning on my way to school.  I got in my car and drove off listening to a familiar song.  Then another song came on and that's when I realized that I was not listening to the radio....it was a CD. I ejected it and written on the CD was "Birthday Love".  Tyson had burned me a CD of songs and snuck it into the CD player in my car and had it ready to play when I started my car. :) 


My next surprise came during school.  Someone walked down to the room carrying a a large candy bouquet!  It was so cute!  I immediately knew it was from Tyson!  (But I checked the card to make sure) It was a bouquet from Candy Blossoms in Cedar Falls.  If you haven't seen their work, check out their website:  http://www.candyblossoms.biz
Front

Back
After school, I came home and took a much needed nap.  Tyson came home for a couple of hours and started getting supper ready and put it in the Crock Pot.  He had to work late this night, so we stayed in for dinner.  I spent the rest of the day cleaning (great way to spend your birthday right??  Hahaha!)

On Thursday, I worked in the morning at Cunningham and then went straight to Hansen Elementary to sub in the afternoon.  I met Elizabeth at George Wyth after school to run.  We then went our separate ways to shower/get ready, and then met back at Carlos O'Kelly's for chips/salsa and 1/2 price margaritas!  After Carlos, we came back to our house and watched Grey's Anatomy.  Elizabeth got me a Scentsy warmer with two different scents!  One is going right now and I love it!

On Saturday night,  Tyson told me that we needed to be somewhere at 8:15pm.  He wouldn't tell me where we were going.  He only told me what he was going to wear.  So I got ready (hoping I was dressed appropriately) and then he told me that I needed to grab a swimming suit.  Great....now I was REALLY curious.  We ended up going to Ferrari's for dinner and then to some friends' house for drinks and a hot tub after dinner.  He said he wanted to go out for dinner for my birthday, but wanted to make sure we had time actually enjoy it. :)  It was the perfect end to a great Saturday!

Today, we met my parents and the Malcolm's at Pepper's for lunch and I was showered with gifts (thanks family!!).  After lunch, the Malcolm's had plans to go to Heartland Farms and invited the whole family.  Unfortunately, Tyson didn't get to go because he had to run 15 miles today! So, the rest of us took off for the pumpkin farm.  We had a great time!  Ava posed with the pumpkins, we watched the Punkinator, walked through the Haunted Corn Maze, a haunted house, checked out the animals, and went on a hay ride.  On the way home, we stopped for ice cream.  Another great day!
Not so sure about the pumpkins at first

Mommy showing Ava they aren't so bad

Now she likes them!

The Punkinator (yes, this is the correct spelling) :)

Shooting pumpkins at this van!

Haunted Corn Maze

Hahaha!

On the hay ride

Last stop of the day: delicious!


So....4 fabulous days of celebrating my birthday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment