Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Year Ago....

One year ago today, I got a phone call from Wendy around 3:30pm.  I was student teaching in Reinbeck at the time and as soon as I saw that I had a call from her, I had a feeling that it was about baby Malcolm (which is what we called Ava through Wendy's whole pregnancy because we didn't know the gender).  I talked to Wendy and she said "I'm going to have a baby today!!!"  I was so excited so I quickly left school and headed home!  I picked up Sophie on my way - Wendy was freaking out that she would be left alone :).  Tyson and I took Sophie for a quick run, then I showered and headed to Allen Hospital.  I was greeted by my mom, dad, brother, Darren, and Wendy.  The next several hours were spent with the guys focused on Monday night football (who knew they even watched Monday night football?!?!?!) and Wendy yelling at them to shut the tv off!!  Hahaha!

My dad's perfect spot for Monday night football.
Darren must be mad that my pictures are interrupting football. :)
After awhile, we left the Malcolm's alone and headed to the lobby where my dad proceeded to fall asleep watching football (I guess he's not THAT big of a fan).  Eventually, we moved back up to the small waiting room just outside of Wendy's room.  My mom and Darren were in the room with her while my dad, Josh, and I sat waiting outside the room.  Every now and then we would stick our ears up to the door to see if we could hear a crying baby.  Finally (I don't know the time but know it was after midnight), we heard "IT'S A GIRL!!!" followed by a crying baby!  We couldn't wait to be able to get in the room to see this brand new baby!!

First family picture!
Nana and Ava
Papa and Ava - showing off his shirt. 
Auntie Rachel and Ava
Uncle Joshie and Ava
Before we were let into the room, my mom brought out her camera to show us some pictures.  The first thing I said was "she looks like Wendy!" Finally we were allowed in the room and got to hold baby Malcolm. (Still no name at this point).  I was getting tired and had to teach the next day, so I left to go to bed.  The next morning I was waiting for a text message with baby Malcolm's name!  It finally came: Ava Nicole! :) Since Tyson wasn't able to make it the first night, we went after school so he could meet his brand new niece.

Uncle Tyson finally gets to meet Ava!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (tomorrow) AVA!!  Uncle Tyson and Aunt Rachel love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment