Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Book Worms

It's no secret that Tyson is a book worm. :)  However, as of late, he's been reading about two books a week!  When Tyson and I started dating, I wanted absolutely nothing to do with reading.  I didn't know what I liked to read and wasn't interested in figuring it out.  But, the more time I spent with Tyson, the more I wanted to find a good book. So...Tyson introduced me to Jodi Picoult (after turning down Harry Potter several times). 

I LOVE Jodi Picoult's books! I have 6 books of hers left to read (and one I have no interest in reading).
The only thing I hate is that I find it more and more difficult to get her books from the library.  I must not be the only one who loves these books :).  So....I jumped on the Twilight saga bandwagon and couldn't put those books down!  Well, the first two books I read in a matter of days.  Then I got to Eclipse and was less than interested so I took a few weeks off before trying again and then finishing the final one as well.


I then went for a while where I would start a book and couldn't get into it or would get a few chapters in before I was receiving overdue notices in my inbox, so I would return an unread book.  Then school started and I just didn't feel like I had time to read, and at night, my eyes would be shut as soon as my head hit the pillow. 


Well, I saw (on Facebook I think) that someone was reading a book called The Hunger Games.  I thought I would see what it was all about.  I checked it out, read about a chapter a night for a few days, and then suddenly I could not put it down!  I finished it in about a week.  On Sunday, I drug Tyson to the Waterloo library to get a card and the second book, Catching Fire.  (It was checked out at the CF library and I just could NOT wait to get it!!)  So, 36 hours later, I'm finished with book number 2.  Now, one book remains, Mockingjay, and I NEED to go and get it.  I'll be making an appearance at the library probably in a few minutes. 


So...if you're looking for a good book, I'd suggest any of the above, but right now, The Hunger Games trilogy is a must-read in my eyes! :)  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment