Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Irony

Funny how my last post was about how all of the snow was melting and I was sad because I didn't think I could get a snow day in my first year as a teacher.  Well...I guess I jinxed us there! 

On Monday I missed school as my grandpa passed away and I was at his funeral.  It snowed/blew all day, but nothing too bad.  The roads were a little slippery on our way back to Cedar Falls.  Then Monday night it started snowing more and more.  I woke up Tuesday morning at 5:00am and put off getting out of bed in hopes that I would see "Waterloo schools - closed" scroll across the bottom of KWWL.  Finally at 5:30am I knew I had to get out of bed.  I turned on the shower and heard a *ding* from my phone - signaling a text message.  It was the KWWL text telling me school was closed!!  I shut off the water and went back to bed!! :)  Yay!! 

I knew the weather was supposed to be worse Tuesday night and Wednesday.  I took advantage of the fact that Tuesday morning and afternoon were pretty calm and made a trip to Target to waste some time.  On Tuesday night I got a call from Waterloo schools informing me that school would be closed on Wednesday as well!!  YESSS!!! 

Today was spent writing thank yous from our wedding.  Tyson didn't go to work today either so we both got to join in on the fun!  (Yes, we're 6 months into our first year of marriage and just got our thank yous done).  I made a goal to have them done by February 1st, but I'm thinking the 2nd isn't too bad either! :) 

Anyway, I'm about 99% sure that we'll have school tomorrow, so I need to get out of sleeping in/staying up late mode and get ready for a 2 day work week! By the way, did I mention how amazing these snow days have been?  I don't even care that we'll officially be in school in June.  These days were MUCH needed! Thank you weather Gods!

No comments:

Post a Comment