Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beginning of Summer....

Sorry, I've gone AWOL again.  I wish I had a good reason.  It's really just because I'm never really sure what is blog-worthy.  However, from the multiple requests lately to update...maybe anything and everything is blog-worthy.  Who knew?!

Over Memorial Day weekend, Tyson and I made a spontaneous trip to Minneapolis.  Spontaneous as in Tyson sent me a text message Saturday morning from work asking if I wanted to go, and we left Saturday afternoon.  We went to the Twins vs. Angels game (Tyson has a friend who is the bullpen coach).  After the game Saturday night, we met up with his friend, Steve, for drinks at the W hotel.  (Ever heard of it?  It was pretty amazing!)  On Sunday, we caught the first few innings of the game and then headed to Dumont to end the weekend there.  Darren, Wendy, and Ava were there as well, however, only Ava and the Burton's made it a sleep-over!  On Monday morning, we ate breakfast and went to the Memorial Day service at the cemetery before heading back to Cedar Falls.
First time at Target Field!
Action shot of Steve pitching during warm-ups!

The following week was going to end my first year as a teacher!  The kids were in school Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then the teachers had a short in-service and room-cleaning on Friday.  It was an amazing year!  I couldn't have asked for a better class or better colleagues!  However, summer break is nice too.

On Friday after school, Elizabeth, my mom, and I left for Wisconsin!  On Saturday we were going to be walking/running in the Susan G. Komen race.  We arrived at Kim's house in Mt. Horeb on Friday night and enjoyed a few drinks on the deck.  It was a great way to end the last week of school!!  Saturday morning started early!  We left for Madison (about a 30 min drive) around 6:30am.  Elizabeth and I ran the 5k, while the others walked.  Saturday afternoon was spent playing Farkle and indulging in one too many margaritas!  Elizabeth and I even had to take a nap before finishing the night at the Mt. Horeb Frolic!!
After the race!
Farkle....Mike was getting too much sun :)
Nap time
We had to get a picture with a Mt. Horeb troll!
Rejuvenated and ready to Frolic!!!

Other things happening: I've been training for the Sturgis Falls 1/2 Marathon (it's officially 2 weeks away!!).  Tyson is still as busy as ever with work!!  He will be competing in another 1/2 IronMan, with his friend Kevin, in August so he's started some training for that as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment