Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sunday Funday

Today was the day of my 2nd half-marathon.  I wasn't feeling great about it, but I knew I could finish.  The hardest part going into this race was that I didn't feel confident that I would beat my time from my first half....and I didn't.

The race started at 7:00am and it was PERFECT race weather.  It was in the lower 60s and when I finished, in the 70s.  The majority of the race was done on shaded trails through Cedar Falls anyway.  Through the first 7 miles I was feeling pretty good and averaging about 9 min miles.  I started to slow down a little after that and started hitting every water station just for an excuse to walk. :)  At about mile 9.5 a guy who I had been running alongside earlier came by.  He said some encouraging words and told me to run along with him (no, I didn't know him).  He kept me going and helped me finish strong.  I think I was even more encouraged not to stop and walk because I DIDN'T know him.

When I was going around the last turn before the finish line, I saw my favorite fans: Tyson, Elizabeth, Wendy, Ava, and my dad.  It was refreshing to see a familiar face as there were very few people cheering us on during the race because it was on the trails.  My new friend Russ (I think that's his name...hahaha) and I finished in 2:06.  So, like I said before, I didn't beat my first time but that didn't matter when I finished.  I was just happy to be done.  Now I have a new time to beat! :)


(Pictures to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment