Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

16 weeks!!

Technically my new pregnancy "week" starts on Mondays, so today I'm 16weeks 2 days.  Anyway, this is my first pregnancy update since the big announcement!  I've been feeling really great, only a couple mornings of praying to the porcelain goddess, and I felt fine the rest of the day.  I'm starting to not feel so tired anymore too, so that's a bonus.


This week, baby Burton is the size of an avocado.  "What To Expect" tells me this:

Your Baby: Week 16

Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.


Here's what I look like this week:

You might not be able to tell, but I have been using a hair tie to keep my pants buttoned :)


I've been browsing online a lot to look for nursery ideas.  We have some things we like, but I'll keep those a secret until we definitely know what we're planning to do.  Oh, did I mention that we are NOT finding out the sex?!  :)

Next doctor's appointment is next Thursday.  We'll be able to hear the baby's heartbeat again.  So far baby has been in the mid-160s and mid-150s.

No comments:

Post a Comment