Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarter of a Century Birthday

I've had some pretty good birthdays in my life and this one was right up there too!  It wasn't because of a big party or lots of gifts.  The day started out with homemade cards from some of the kids in my class, along with a homemade cupcake, a goody bag with cookies and candy, and a cookbook from another student.  The day got even better when I got flowers from Tyson's mom, grandma, and sister!  My class was so excited for my birthday! :)

They knew we wouldn't do birthday treats until the end of the day, so we went outside for our extra recess and guess who came walking up to the playground?!!  TYSON!!  He brought cake pops for me and my class!! What a guy! :)  They were excited to meet him as well, especially one overly excited boy who jumped up and gave him a hug.  We spent the last part of the day celebrating and loading up on sugar before I sent them home.

That night, Tyson and I had dinner at Sakura (yum!) and called it a night early. 

Jump back to Wednesday when I celebrated with my mom, Wendy, and Ava.  We decided that instead of a family dinner, we would just do a girls' dinner.  The guys were going to be busy roofing at Malcolm's this weekend, so we went for plan B.  We met at Hu Hot and had dinner there.  I was showered with gifts: a book for Baby Burton from Ava, a Pregnancy Dos and Don'ts book from Malcolm's and a Peek-A-Boo Baby giftcard, and some maternity clothes from my parents (which will probably be coming in sooner rather than later).

After dinner we realized it was down pouring, so we walked around the mall and let Ava empty all of our change into the fountain and then ride the mechanical horse.  Before we left, we stopped for a cookie and then ran to the car in the pouring ran.  Ava kept saying "all wet....Nana all wet".  lol 

I honestly think that one of the best parts of my birthday was how excited my kids were to tell me 'happy birthday' and shower me with love all day!  What a great class I have! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment