Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, November 16, 2012

A Shopping Weekend

Last weekend, we packed up the van and headed to Des Moines for a weekend of shopping!  The Malcolm's and my parents also came along.  We left on Friday right after school.  We spent Friday night just hanging out in our hotel rooms.  Ava showed my mom and I how to play Sequence for Kids and she let me win!  Kai and Ella played together on the bed until Kai let out one of his famous screams and scared Ella.  We all headed to bed pretty early.

On Saturday morning, Kai woke Tyson and I up at his usual 6:00am.  He obviously didn't get the memo about sleeping in on the weekends, especially in hotels!  The women set off for shopping and pedicures around 9:30am.  We shopped at TJ Maxx and then went to the Aveda Institute for pedicures.  After that, we headed for Jordan Creek.  The men, babies, and Ava stayed back at the hotel.  It sounds like they swam for awhile in the morning, then watched football and took naps in the afternoon. 

We went to P.F. Changs for dinner on Saturday night.  Ava wanted to sit between me and Kai.  She was totally in love with him all weekend!!  She loved his little scream and kept making him smile at the restaurant.  Every time he banged on the table, she did it back, which only got him going even more!  It was so cute to watch them play together.  The best part of the whole meal was when our desserts were delivered (mini desserts in big shot glasses) and Ava was sitting on my lap.  She grabbed a spoon and said, "Is this mine?!" and started eating away!  I think I only got a couple bites!

We got back late from dinner and I fell asleep when I was trying to get Kai to sleep around 8:30pm!  It sounds like everyone else went to bed early too.

On Sunday, we all ate breakfast and then went swimming one last time.  Kai and Ava loved the cold water, while my mom, sister, and I preferred the hot tub.  It was too hot for Ella and the pool was too cold so she only got in long enough to take a picture.

Even though we went Christmas shopping, I still feel like I have a lot to buy yet!  I think Ava is the only one who is just about done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment