Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 5, 2012

Adventures in Food

I've been meaning to post about Kai's new-found love of food for awhile now, but every time I sit down to post, I realize that either a) Kai just woke up or b) I haven't uploaded the pictures to the computer yet!

We started cereal on September 1st.  I know I've posted about this before, but it really did take a few weeks before Kai started loving his cereal.  I waited until Kai was almost 6 months before introducing any solid food per the doctor's suggestion.


10/7 - Introduction of the sippy cup.  Kai wasn't sure what to do with it.  He chewed on it but didn't realize there was anything inside of it (about an ounce of water).


10/8 - Kai's first taste of sweet potatoes.  He wasn't a huge fan.  I think he was a little caught off guard that what he was eating wasn't cereal.  It was almost my first try at making/pureeing anything and I don't think I got it smooth or thin enough.  We tried 3 days of sweet potatoes and moved on.


10/12 - Kai's first taste of green beans.  He loved them from the first bite!!  These also weren't extremely smooth because of the skin on the beans, but obviously smooth enough for Kai!  He ate green beans for 6 days.

Daddy always adds sound effects which makes eating more fun too!
10/19 - Wendy and I spent all day peeling, slicing, chopping, baking, boiling, pureeing, and freezing baby food.  We now have a stocked freezer of squash, green beans, peas, apples, pears, and avocado.  Kai had his first taste of squash and loved it!!  We've stuck with squash for a few weeks now.  
Hmm...not too bad.

10/20 - Kai started eating cereal for breakfast around 8:30am and eats a vegetable for supper around 6:30pm.

 11/5 - Kai's first taste of avocado.  YUM!!  It's a little thicker than the other purees, so I mixed a lot more breast milk in with it.  He was giving us some funny faces, but kept coming back for more!
I think I like it...

Yep! I do!!
I haven't introduced any fruits yet.  Within the next couple of weeks, I will probably move on to fruits.  I'm thinking by the end of November/beginning of December, Kai will be eating cereal for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and vegetable for supper. He has also taken a huge interest in our food these days...





No comments:

Post a Comment