Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 30, 2012

Nevada Guests, Bottles, and a Birthday

Tyson's mom (Grammy) and sister, Kylee arrived on April 19.  They were here for a week, getting to know their new grandson and nephew.  We hadn't seen them since our wedding, almost 2 years ago!!  It was a tearful goodbye for Grammy and Aunt Kylee as they left, but we're looking forward to (hopefully) seeing them at Christmas time!  

5 seconds after walking in the door :)

3 generations
 My mom came to spend the day with us on Wednesday, so we snuck in a 3 generation picture!

3 generations

On Thursday night (April 26), I wanted to try to give Kai a bottle of breast milk.  I had plans to go out for dinner with Elizabeth on Friday night, and I wanted to make sure that Kai would eat while I was gone if needed.  I warmed up 1.5oz of milk and handed the bottle over to Tyson.  Kai didn't even flinch!  He chugged the bottle and was hungry for more.  I felt much more relieved about dinner on Friday.

We tried another bottle on Sunday (3 oz) and he had no problems with that either.  What a good baby!!
Daddy gets to join in on the feedings!!

My mom's birthday was on Thursday, April 26th, so on Friday my mom, Wendy, Ava, Kai, and I decided to celebrate!  First we went to Evansdale to take advantage of their city-wide garage sales.  It was a little too cold and windy to spend much time there, but Kai still scored some outfits for this fall/winter.  Next we were off to Barn Happy in Cedar Falls.  We ate a delicious lunch and then, as Ava would call it, enjoyed some 'Happy Birthday cake'.  Afterwards, we walked around and checked out all of the goods throughout the barn.  Kai and I then came home and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon.  (Sorry, no pictures from our fun day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment