Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Daycare

I've been waiting all week to write this post.  I didn't want to jinx myself (and am hoping this doesn't jinx next week).

Kai started daycare on Monday morning when I went back to work.  I waited until the last minute to leave and walked into school right at contract time (8:15).  Of course I cried the whole way to school. I also rushed out of the building at 3:45 to get him.  On Tuesday, we had our Opening Day Ceremony at the Gallagher-Bluedorn beginning at 9am, so again I got to spend a little more time with him in the morning, as well as rushing home again.  On Wednesday, I got to go in even later, but Tyson got to pick him up.  We had "Meet the Teacher" night.  On Thursday our regular drop-off/pick-up schedule began.  Tyson does drop-off in the morning around 7:30am and I pick-up by 4:30pm.

First day of daycare

Kai is adjusting really well to daycare!  He was completely spoiled by all of the "big kids" Monday through Wednesday before they started school.  He's eating his bottles great - I wasn't sure how much he would actually eat, so I took my chances with 5oz bottles and he's doing fine with that.  However, Kamie (daycare provider) told me today that she thinks he will probably be ready to move to more ounces in a couple weeks.  He's a growing boy!!  The biggest adjustment are Kai's naps.  He's been a cat-napper all week!  A ten minute nap here, 30 min there, and if we're lucky, maybe a 40-50 min nap.  These will definitely be a work in progress.  He's used to napping with mommy, in his swing, in the Boppy, and absolute silence (with maybe the tv as background noise).  Now he has other kids that are playing while he should be napping!  However, with the little amount of sleep that he's getting during the day, he's still as happy as can be!  He is starting to sleep better at night though.  His bedtime has also moved up to 8:00!  About a month ago, he was going to bed around 9:30-10:00, then a couple weeks ago I moved it up to 9:00-9:15, and now he is exhausted by 8:00!!

Completely exhausted on Monday evening!

I'm so glad that he's being the good baby that I always tell people he is.  It makes my day when I pick him up and he flashes me that toothless grin!  It makes the whole day worth it.

Proof that we both survived the week and made it to Friday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment