Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dear Kai...

I've been back to work for two full weeks now, meaning you've been in daycare that long as well.  You have adjusted unbelievably well, besides the cat-napping and major blow-outs you are having daily!  The older kids (especially the girls) just LOVE you!  When I arrived to pick you up yesterday and today, you were content in one of their arms.  Kamie told me that when the kids get there from school, you get swept away to 'play' with them.
Trying hard to sit up!
I think about you all day at work.  I wonder what you might be doing while I'm giving reading tests.  I wonder if you are napping while I'm eating lunch.  I especially think about you around 1:00pm everyday, when my lack of sleep starts to set in and I'm yawning through my read aloud.  All that I want to be doing is cuddling with you at home.  Every Monday morning, I am already wishing for Friday afternoon.  I love my job and my class, but nothing is more important than my time with you.

"Whatcha' lookin' at?!"

I am excited for this fall and winter.  Although we didn't have a busy summer, I still felt like we were always running somewhere (usually to Target when Mommy would get bored).  I'm ready for chilly nights and rainy Saturdays where the only thing to do is cuddle inside on the couch.  I'm ready for you and your daddy to bond over College Football Saturdays.  I'm sure this will forever be a tradition that you two will have.  I'm ready for surprise snow days where we can stay in our pajamas all day.  I'm ready for your first Christmas and to see your expression when we hang the lights on the tree.

Kai, you are one of the best blessings in my life.  I've said this before, but I really cannot remember what life was like without you.  You have brought so much joy into our lives, especially in your sweet smile and cute giggle. 


Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment