Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weekend Recap (updated with pictures)

On Saturday, Kai and I met Wendy, Ella, and my mom at the Farmer's Market!  It was on my Summer Bucket List and I can officially cross it off!  I really wanted to check out the "Mama Made" booth, but was curious as to what other booths would be set up.  I bought a yummy peanut butter, M&M, and kale bar at the Mama Made booth.  I'm seriously contemplating going back this Saturday just to buy another! I'm thinking someday I may have to hide veggies in treats like this for Kai.

Playing outside with Daddy before the Farmer's Market

Relaxin!
After the farmer's market we headed to Main Street to check out the sidewalk sales.  We ended up in Sweet Basil Market and boy, do they have some fun things! I might have to make a trip back soon.  They have fun sprinkles and candies and dips and spices!  Kai was getting a little cranky so I had to exit quickly to keep the stroller moving so he would take a nap.

After our fun morning, we picked up Tyson at home and then headed to Evansdale for my brother's skateboard tournament.  It was so fun to watch the 12 & under age group!!  Well, it was fun to watch Josh too. :)  He ended up getting 3rd place in his division!

Uncle Joshy trying to tell Kai all about skateboarding
Tyson and I ended up leaving a little early to head to Doughy Joey's for a surprise birthday party for a friend/Tyson's boss (Jason).  We left Kai with my mom and dad.  The birthday party was fun and Jason was totally surprised!!  We ended up coming home close to 10:00.  Kai was tucked away in bed already. :)



On Sunday, we woke up to RAIN!!  As excited as Tyson was (and probably every other Iowan), I was a little sad.  We were supposed to have Kai's 4 month pictures and I was worried about the weather (we had planned to take them outside).  After I got out of the shower, I got a text from our photographer about rescheduling.  The date is set for next Sunday so let's hope the weather cooperates!  It ended up raining all day and perfect for cuddling Kai all day on my last day of summer break.
Perfect rainy day project

He loves it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment