Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 14, 2011

20 weeks down, 20 weeks to go!!

Today officially marks the halfway point through our pregnancy! I can't believe we're halfway, but when I think back to July when we saw 'PREGNANT' flash on that test, it seems like that was forever ago!!

Here's the scoop on baby Burton this week!


Your Baby: Week 21

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch. 




We have our ultrasound in a week, so next time I post, you'll have a face to put with the name: Baby Burton!  I am so excited to get another look at this teeny, tiny baby!  

I've also been thinking a lot about the nursery lately and know it's time to make some decisions and get started.  I looked at cribs yesterday as well as fabric.  We're going to be doing a little DIY for the baby bedding.  I just can't find anything that I love that isn't WAY overpriced.  So our solution is to make some of it.  I'll keep you updated when that process begins!  I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment