Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 5, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, New Fish!!!

The invitation!!  So cute!

In case it's hard to read, here's what it says:
The bump that is on Rachel Burton....
Wow, how it grew!
A shower we are throwing
Before she is due!
Oh, the fun to be had, 
the baby items to see!
Saturday, February 4th, 2011 at 11am
She will be tickled with glee!
Oh, I almost forgot and this is key!
Coffee House at Orchard Hill Church
(address)
Is where the shower will be!


On Saturday, Wendy hosted my first baby shower.  It was Dr. Seuss themed, so there was lots of blue and red!  Everything was super cute, including the Dr. Seuss cookies!  We started the shower by everyone writing a piece of advice or words of encouragement on a diaper, so when Tyson and I are up in the middle of the night with a baby who won't sleep, we'll see a friendly reminder of how worth it this all is!  Next was a Dr. Seuss book trivia game.  I got 8 out 10 correct; I'd say that's pretty good! :)  Then it was on to the presents, but I had to play a "Price is Right" game in order to get a gift.  Wendy would show me a baby item (i.e. baby lotion, wipes, bottles, formula, etc) and I had to guess the price correct within $0.50 in order to get a gift to open.  Well, it was a rude awakening of how expensive this little baby is going to be! I only guessed within $0.50 on two items!  Luckily, Wendy still let me open all of my gifts after I failed at the game!

We were definitely blessed with some awesome gifts!!  Baby Burton is spoiled already.  After gifts, it was time to eat!  Wendy had asked what I wanted and I gave her a list to pick from.  The menu included chicken salad on croissants, fresh fruit, my mom's macaroni salad, punch, and cookies!!  It was all delicious and I got to bring some leftovers home!  Now, we just have to find a place to store all of these baby items!  I think the nursery is going to start filling up fast!

Here are a few teaser pictures.  I need to check with my mom and sister for more pictures.

Some of the cute decorations

All of the gifts unpacked at home!

Red fish, blue fish, & Cat in the Hat cookies!! They were DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute theme!! I loved the wording on the invitations! Very cute! It looks like you are off to a good start for Baby Burton!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I came across your blog while looking for One Fish Two Fish themed invitations. I love this one. Where did it come from? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete