Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 12, 2011

24 weeks and some baby furniture

24 weeks!  I remember when we first found out we were pregnant and I was trying to figure out how pregnant I would be at Christmas time.  We were thinking that we MIGHT be flying, but that didn't work out this year anyway.  I kept thinking that 25 weeks sounded SO far along (which is what I will be the week of Christmas)! 

Baby is definitely growing now!  Those emails I receive weren't kidding when they said that baby would be doubling its weight this month.  I can definitely see that!

One website says that baby is an eggplant and another says rutabaga.  From what I read, it seems like both websites tell me the same weight for baby (1 1/2 lbs) but the inches range from 9-13. 



Baby is busy this week: Your baby is taller than two juice boxes stacked on top of each other and almost as heavy as four of those little boxes.  Your baby's skin is turning pinker.  Later this week, blood vessels are forming under the skin and filling with blood.  Your baby's nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open this week.  This actually allows your little one to begin taking practice breaths.  

Apparently mama is busy this week too!  I read that my uterus is the size of.....A SOCCER BALL.  Wow.  




Enough about my growing belly, here are some pictures of our ALMOST completed baby furniture.  We received our furniture as a gift from Tyson's family (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!).  We got a crib, changing table, and dresser.  Tyson decided that yesterday was the day to put it all together.  Well, he started on the crib and found that the company sent us two left back legs, so he moved on to the rest of the furniture.  We'll have to wait for a replacement leg because I think DHS will be called if we try putting our baby in this crib!  

Step 1: Open boxes

Dresser - 2 drawers to go!

Will this work?

Finished changing table

Finished dresser

And the sad crib that needs a right leg.


***Oh, and I owe Wendy a shout-out for a MUCH needed hair cut!  I actually straightened it today because it felt so silky smooth!*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment