Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Girls Shopping Weekend!

I used my personal day on Friday so we could have a girls weekend in Des Moines!  I met Wendy and Ava at their house and then we picked up my mom in Grundy Center on the way.  We got into town before hotel check-in, so we several hours shopping at Jordan Creek first.  My mom and Wendy hit the jackpot and got lots of goodies.  I only got a few things on Friday.  It's not as much fun shopping for yourself when you're pregnant!!  :)  However, we were all on the lookout for Christmas gifts for others anyway. 

After we made a loop around the mall (first and second floor) and had hit up all the stores we wanted to, we decided to go to the hotel to check-in.  As soon as we got Ava in her carseat, she was OUT!!  Our hotel was right across the street from Jordan Creek and she didn't even make it out of the parking lot.  We decided to go to DSW and take shifts going in while Ava got a short nap in (it was already 4:00!!).  We made it to the hotel and completely unloaded the van because Wendy had a crib in the back that she was delivering for a friend.  After several trips back and forth, we made it to the room and cranked up the heat. I think Wendy and I were sweating out my mom!  :) 

Friday night was pretty lazy.  We got take-out from P.F. Chang's and ate it in the room.  Then my mom and I made a quick run to Wal-Mart for pop and snacks. 

On Saturday, we ate breakfast at the hotel and then got ready for another day of shopping.  We left the hotel around 11:00 and were headed toward Valley West.  We made a stop at Trader Joe's and Famous Footwear.  Then we went to Gordman's which is close to the mall.  We wanted to get some lunch and then head to the mall, but Ava fell asleep on our way to find a restaurant!!  We finally found a Chile's and she sleep in the booth seat the whole time we were there.  We then decided that we should just head home (I was ready for a nap anyway!!).  We made it home around 6:00 on Saturday night. 

I just have a few more gifts to get and then I'll be done with shopping.  Sadly, there are only 3 gifts under the tree right now though.  I'm hoping to get some more wrapped tonight and then finish up my shopping next weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment