Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The "NO" List

One of the main reasons that we L-O-V-E our doctor is because he is completely honest.  If you ask a question, he'll give you an honest answer.  I loved his response when I asked him how I was supposed to be sleeping.  I had read that I couldn't sleep on my back after the 1st trimester.  He told me to sleep however was comfortable and however I could sleep.  He also, basically, told me to stop reading all of those "things".  You know, the list that tells you everything you aren't allowed to do when you are pregnant.  He told us that women have been getting pregnant for millions of years and they didn't have these lists. 

So anywhere, here are the things that I've heard that I now "can't" do.  Weigh in on whether you agree or not.

 

1. You can't sleep on your back (I already know this is not true. I do it every night and am still feeling baby kick as I type).

2. You can't color your hair.

3. You can't use the tanning bed.

4. No sushi (I don't care anyway!!)

5. No seafood

6. Limit caffeine intake

7. No deli meat

8. No face wash (ok...maybe it's a specific brand/kind...I don't know specifics)

9. No flying (however, we asked the doc about this too and he said it was fine)

10. No painting


I feel like I'm not allowed to do ANYTHING!!!  Sorry people, but I can say that there are things on this list that I have done.  So far, baby is lookin' good! :)  However, I feel guilty after because everyone is saying don't do this.  Ugh..

I had SO many questions in the beginning, that Wendy got me a "do's and don'ts of pregnancy" book.  I've looked up all of these questions that I've had, but am still curious to hear other opinions and what you've done while pregnant! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Dr Hintz too. Smartest man alive. Personally, I think anything is safe in moderation. Well... some things. I wouldn't tan, smoke, etc. However, the seafood/sushi as long as its not every meal? Why not? Same for no deli meat, even painting if you leave a window open and use low VOC paint, I don't see a big problem. Some people are so paranoid I don't know how they even enjoy their pregnancy! My favorite was everyone asking or telling me they can't color their hair when pregnant, I'd basically tell them if that's true then I couldn't work during the 9 months of my pregnancy. People like to worry.

    ReplyDelete