Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 19, 2011

25 weeks

Really?! Only 15 weeks to go!!  This should go fast, considering we kept the pregnancy a secret from everyone but family for almost 14 weeks!! I'm also getting close to double digit days left.  I'm at 105 days to go right now (and that's if baby Burton decides not to surprise us earlier than April 2). 

Here's what baby is up to:
Look who's looking.  Your baby's eyes -- which have been closed for the past few months (so that retina, the part of the eye that allows images to come into focus, could develop) -- are beginning to open.  Look what else is going on this week: Your baby's brain-wave activity is kicking in at this stage in fetal development, which means your little one can not only hear noises but can now also respond to them.  

Baby is the size of an English hothouse cucumber!
I read about shining a flashlight after my stomach to see if we can get the baby to kick or react to the light.  We might have to try that out one of these nights.  I am definitely feeling harder kicks lately. 


Maybe it's because I switched sides, but I think I look smaller this week.  Or maybe I'm just becoming used to this!



We still haven't purchased the paint for the baby room, even though we have the colors picked out.  That's Tyson's job, so I'm hoping to start right after Christmas when I am on break.  I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year (even if there is no snow), as it will be the last Christmas that Tyson and I will just be a family of two.  Right now, I can't even imagine how different our lives will be in a few short months, but I'm definitely looking forward to finding out. 

We also have an ugly Christmas sweater day at school on Thursday, so look for a picture of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment