Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3 Week Growth Spurt

I've kept up with my reading on What to Expect.  It turns out that at about 3 weeks, babies hit their first (of many) growth spurts.  Thank goodness there is a reason behind the constant eating and no sleeping that's been happening around here!  I even took Kai's temperature today because he has been extra fussy. 

Here's what I read about this week:
1) Your baby wants to eat nonstop (check) - goodbye 3 hour schedule, hello eating every 1-2.5 hours
2) Your baby will be up more often at night (check) - I feel like he's up before my head even hits the pillow
3) Your baby will be crankier than usual (check) - I already mentioned above


He wants to constantly be held which is fine by me, but it definitely makes it hard to get ANYTHING else done, which includes a shower and going to the bathroom.  It also mentioned that if I'm concerned that he's not getting enough to eat, I should watch two things: weight gain and diapers.  Well, I decided to check out the weight gain today. He's definitely still gaining!! (You'll have to wait for Monday to hear the current amount)  He's also still having the same number of wet/dirty diapers, so I guess my milk is keeping up with him so far.  Now...when will this growth spurt be over because this mama needs some SLEEP (and a shower)!

No comments:

Post a Comment