Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

One Month

Wow! Has a month really gone by already?!  I love these days that I get to spend at home with him.  I was worried after my mom left that the days would go by really slow.  That is definitely not the case!  As I sit here right now, I can't believe that it's 3:00pm. Where has the day, week, month gone?!

I hopped on the scale with Kai this morning.  After some math conversions, it seems as though Kai currently weighs 9lbs 6oz.  I attempted to measure him as well and it looks like he's about 22.5inches.  I'm not really sure how accurate that is, so we'll just have to wait until his 2month appointment for a more exact measurement.

At one month Kai is:
-wearing size 1 diapers (could probably still fit in NB but we ran out so we moved up!)
-wearing both NB and 0-3month clothes.  He seems too long for NB sleepers and his pants are starting to get a little short, but NB onesies still fit.  He does have some NB shorts and onesies that are still WAY too big though (it all depends on the brand of clothing)
-eating every 3 hours during the day and lately at night as well.
-smiling when we talk to him or smile at him
-focusing on faces
-becoming much more interested in watching the lights on his play mat


Remember back at 2 weeks when I said that he's been sleeping from 8:00pm-1:00/1:30am?  Well, that is definitely not the case anymore.  We've been having some rough nights lately.  He hasn't been napping as well during the day (only taking short cat naps) and then not sleeping for more than 2 hours before he's up to eat again at night.  There have even been a few nights where I can't get him to sleep in his bassinet at all and we've ended up on the couch or him in his swing/bouncy seat.

Other things about Kai at one month:
-he is really good at lifting his head when doing tummy time on the Boppy
-his swing puts him to sleep almost every time
-he likes to fall asleep in someone's arms, usually wrapped up with a light blanket covering his face
-falls asleep much faster when music is playing
-is NOT a fan of bath time.  I guess he liked it in the hospital because he was under a heat lamp
-finally has a belly button (umbilical cord fell off on 5/4/2012)

Tummy time in his crib while Mommy organized the closet

Naked baby at one month!

One month and smiling!



No comments:

Post a Comment