Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day weekend

This year for Memorial Day weekend, we decided to spend it at my parents' house.  We took off on Saturday and as soon as we arrived, we ate lunch and then my dad and Tyson got busy!  Their project for the weekend was to clean out some of the buildings at their house.  They've become somewhat of a dumping ground over the years and decided it was time for a little "summer cleaning."  Because of how windy it was, Kai spent the day in the baby carrier and then bundled up in his car seat and stroller while my mom and I potted some flowers to add to her garden(s).  My mom then "paid" Tyson in steak for dinner!  After dinner the wind finally died down, so we were able to sit around a fire outside....Kai too!!  He also slept his best yet....6hrs 15min!!

Ready to go!

It's so sad that no one pays attention to him  :)

On Sunday, I got up early with Kai, but we both ended up falling asleep in the living room for a few more hours.  Then we ate breakfast and my mom and I got ready to go visit my Great Aunt Edna (Kai's Great Great Aunt).  Josh showed up right before we left and then the 3 men got to work outside on another building.  First, my mom and I stopped by my cousin's house for them to meet Kai (they were having a 'pool party' with their boys outside) and then we stopped by my aunt and uncle's house.  Finally we made it to the cemetery to put a flower on my babysitter's grave and water the others that my mom had brought up earlier.  Then we went to visit Edna.  She LOVED baby Kai!

Kai & Edna
When my mom and I got home, this is the scene we saw:

Tyson's first time driving a tractor!
It was nap time for Kai, so we let him sleep inside for awhile, but then decided that we could rig up a way to have him outside and out of the wind....



Then we wrapped a burp cloth around his head for a hat
On Monday, we went to the Memorial Day service at the cemetery and then headed home.


Hanging out at home

Love this little smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment