Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

On Sunday, I got to celebrate my FIRST Mother's Day.  I know that every Mother's Day will be special, but I'll never get to celebrate it as a "first" again.

On Saturday, my parents joined us at church and then stayed at our house.  Of course my mom offered to take the night shift with Kai, but I let her sleep.  On Sunday morning, Kai woke up at about 6:30am so I brought him to the living room where Tyson and my dad were already awake.  I wasn't tired enough to go back to sleep (surprisingly) so we hung out and I opened a gift from Tyson and Kai.  It was a bag of candy (Tyson knows me SO well) and a new digital camera! I love it!  When my mom got up, we started on a sewing project for Kai to wear when we walk/run in the Komen Breast Cancer 5k.

Cuddling with Papa

When we were all ready, we headed to the Isle for brunch.  We waited in line for 30 minutes, but it was delicious! 
Burton family

Mom with ALL of her babies!
Mommy and Kai

After brunch, we all went to Malcolm's to spend the day being lazy.  We sat around in the backyard while Ava played in her new sand & water table from Nana and Papa and Kai napped on Aunt Wendy & then Uncle Josh.  Eventually we decided to try out the Malcolm's new Cadillac double stroller, so we put Kai in the infant seat and Ava got to sit shot-gun and we headed over to the park.  We were there for awhile, but when Josh hit me with the frisbee, Tyson cut his hand, Kai was hungry, and Ava's cheeks were bright red, we decided to walk back for some fruit pizza.  We headed home after that and got to Skype with Tyson's mom, Nana, and sister for awhile too.  Then, we spent a few quiet hours as a family of three to end a FABULOUS first Mother's Day!

Hanging out at Malcolm's

Darren & Tyson playing frisbee

Joshie & Ava on the slide

Nana is busy snapping pictures of Kai!

Handsome man!!

Snuggling with mommy

Papa did NOT like that Ava is so brave!

Tyson with the double stroller right between the 2 mini vans!

Hanging out at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment