Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 16, 2012

Dumont Sandbaggin' Day 2012

Well, my mom (and her helpers) pulled it off again!  Another successful year for Dumont Sandbaggin' Day!! 

We started off the weekend by heading home on Friday night.  We packed the van to the max because Wendy and Ava came home with us as well (Darren had to work on Saturday morning).  When we arrived in Dumont we met my parents at the Ambulance shed where they were busy getting ready for Saturday's events.  Wendy and I hit up a garage sale and then we pretty called it a night.  There was a band playing on Friday night, but with two little ones and a pregnant mommy, only my mom and dad made it in to town. 

Ava & Tyson practicing the bean bag toss game
Saturday morning started early for me (and my mom of course)!!  I was up to feed Kai at 4:30am and then back up for the day at 6:00am.  I ran in the Michael Hanson Memorial 5k - which was my first race back since finding out we were pregnant last July.  Kai decided to sleep in until 7:30am so him and Tyson missed the start of the 5k and just barely saw me finish.  Tyson rushed to get Kai dressed and loaded in his car seat.  He said they literally just walked up as he saw me approaching the finish line! 

This is who was waiting at the finish line for me one year ago at my last race.
June 25, 2011 - Sturgis Falls Half Marathon


 This is who was waiting for me at my first race back after taking the year off to grow a baby!!
July 14, 2012 - Michael Hanson Memorial 5k (Dumont Day)
After the race, we waited to hear the medal winners and then headed to my parents' to shower and get ready to head back to town.  I volunteered to help work in the beverage garden from 12:00-2:00 so Tyson, Wendy, and my dad were left with Kai.  It could not have been hotter!!  It's the worst when sweating is running down your face and you are standing in the shade and not doing a single thing but checking IDs and putting on wrist bands. 

Waiting to hear the results of the race

Proud Daddy!!

After my shift was up, it was Tyson's turn to man the beverage garden.  Wendy, Ava, Kai, and I decided it was time to go back to my parents' house and cool down in the AC.  We relaxed at home for a little over an hour before we went back into town for the parade.  Luckily we scored a spot at my grandma's house in the shade so it wasn't too unbearable.  After the parade we ate supper at the Ambulance shed, then watched the Sandbaggin' obstacle course.  The contestants were being sprayed with a fire hose and Wendy and I were tempted to run through it even though we weren't participating!  Finally around 7:00, after we had gotten some Sno Cones (thanks Kendra and Hannah!!), we couldn't handle the heat anymore and off we went to my parents' again for the night.  Darren and Tyson decided to stay in town and soak in some more of the festivities. 
Papa & Ava watching the parade

Hot, tired, & sweaty baby Kai with Uncle Josh

Sleeping through the obstacle course

Papa & Ava watching the Sandbaggin' obstacle course

On Sunday, Kai slept in again (7:30!!) and then we spent the day being lazy.  I think the heat on Saturday wore everyone out!
Nana & Kai are both worn out!!

Kai is trying out Ava's bath & diaper changing station for her babies

Aunt Wendy making him smile in the bath tub!

Not amused anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment