Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, America!

Today could not have been any more perfect unless my brother and baby Malcolm could have joined in the festivities.  I got up with Kai just after 7:00am, fed him, and then we woke up Daddy!  I couldn't wait to get Kai into his 4th of July apparel so I got him dressed right away (normally I wait to get him dressed until after his morning nap). 
This was actually on Tuesday, July 3rd.

'My First 4th of July'

Tyson and I then made a batch of Pico de Gallo for the festivities today.  After our cooler was stocked and the van was loaded, we took off for George Wyth beach.  We were the first (of my family) to arrive, so I gave Kai a bottle and he was finishing just as my parents and Malcolm's arrived.  Ava couldn't wait to get in the water!!  I lathered up Kai with sunscreen and got him dressed in his water gear and off we went for the water!  He LOVED it!!  He hasn't been a big fan of the pool when we've gone, but the lake water was much warmer!  I took my turn in the water with him, then Tyson, then Wendy, and finally Papa.  Kai started to get a little fussy with my dad so off they went to sit in a lawn chair on the beach and Kai was OUT!


Wendy and I decided that Kai (and Wendy) had been out in the heat long enough, so the three of us went to pick up some chicken for lunch and get the other food started before the others joined us.

Nana & Ava building a sand castle.

We ate lunch inside at Malcolm's and then headed back out to enjoy the pool!!  Wendy and Darren purchased an inflatable pool a few weeks ago.  It's the perfect size for Ava and also perfect to cool off on a hot day like today.  Thanks to Uncle Darren, the water was also the perfect temperature for Kai and he loved this pool water too!

Soaking up some rays

Mommy & Kai

He doesn't weigh enough to keep the Bumbo down, so he was floating!

Neither of them were very entertained by me taking pictures....

We spent the whole afternoon outside and finally headed in around 5:00pm.  Little fishy, Ava could have stayed in the water all night if Wendy would have let her!

Being silly!

Nana & Kai

Trying out cousin Ava's sunglasses!

I could not get over how hilarious he looked with these on!!
We ended the night with all three of us laying in bed watching tv.  Kai eventually snuggled in close to me and took a short nap before bedtime.  Then, with fireworks booming outside his window, I rocked him to sleep reading "Love You Forever."  It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Happy Birthday America!

Now...the countdown is definitely on for the arrival of baby Malcolm.  I'm HOPING that my next post will be about his/her arrival.....

No comments:

Post a Comment