Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 9, 2012

Three Months

Well, Kai has officially graduated from "newborn" to "infant" status now on his three month birthday.  No doctor appointment until 4 months, but our scale at home tells me that Kai weighs exactly 13lbs.  I attempted to measure him and he's about 24.5in long.  I don't know the percentiles because I'm doing the measurements at home this time.

At three months Kai is:
-wearing size 2 diapers
-transitioning into 3-6 or 6 month clothes
-still eating every 3 hours
-'talking' all of the time!
-on the verge of laughing but nothing yet (on a few occasions we've wondered if maybe that is what his laugh sounds like...Hmmm)
-still not sleeping through the night, but always has a 5-6 hour stretch when he first goes down (goes to bed between 9:30-10:00 and sleeps until 3:00-4:00, then wakes up for the day between 6:00-7:00)
-bear weight on his legs (he loves to stand!)
-when pulled up by his hands from a lying to sitting position, he keeps his head level with his body
Naked baby at 3 months!

Look at that sweet little smile!

Favorite position!

Other things about Kai at three months:
-his hands are ALWAYS in his mouth
-he loves blowing spit bubbles and can usually be found wearing a bib these days
-loves sitting up in the corner of the couch or Bumbo
-kicks his legs all of the time!
-when he's laying in the Boppy on his back, he tries to pull himself up to a sitting position!!
-is becoming pretty predictable with his nap schedule (I know what times of the day he takes his longer naps and when he takes his shorter naps)
-loves his blankies!!
-loves being read to and I've definitely established a bedtime routine which includes reading 1-2 books before bed.  We I have my favorites that get read over and over again though.



Kai really is smiley, but whenever I bring out the camera, he just gives me a blank stare.  I usually try to take these pictures first thing in the morning and Tyson is usually gone by then, so I can't use him to help me to get Kai to smile either!  Also, you should see all of the outtakes that I have because Kai is constantly kicking his legs and then the pictures turn out blurry!

We love this little guy and couldn't imagine our lives without him now.  I'm starting to forget what life was like before he was around and I'm completely okay with that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment