Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 - A Year in Pictures

Now that I have some more time, here is our year in pictures. (Sorry, some months might not have any pictures, as we aren't always good about bringing our camera).

2011 - A Year in Pictures

January
 We spent January FINALLY finishing our wedding thank yous that were LONG overdue.

February
In February, we helped Wendy celebrate her 30th birthday at The Brown Bottle and Toad's.
The following weekend, we helped my friend Elizabeth celebrate her birthday with a weekend trip to Chicago!
   March
Over spring break, we went to Minneapolis with the Malcolm's.  We went to IKEA (my first time!), bought some new bedroom furniture at HOM Furniture, and visited the aquarium at the Mall of America.
Ava loved exploring at IKEA.
Some of the new furniture we purchased.
  April
We headed to Des Moines to run in the Drake Relays half-marathon (Tyson) and 8k (me).  There were also about 5 other friends/neighbors who ran as well.  We then spent the night in Des Moines.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures from the weekend.

May
We made last-minute plans to spend Memorial Day in Minneapolis.  We went to 2 Twins vs. Angels games (for free!!).  We also got to spend some time with one of Tyson's friends who is a bull-pen coach for the Angels (hence the free tickets).
 Oh, and after Memorial Day weekend, I only had a few days of school left!

June
School was officially out!  My mom, Elizabeth, and I went to Wisconsin to be part of the Komen breast cancer walk/run.  

I also ran the Sturgis Falls half-marathon at the end of June.

Look who was waiting for me at the finish line!
 In June, we also decided that we wanted to make the Burton family bigger by adding a baby. 
 
 July
We celebrated Dumont Day with my family and lost in the bags tournament! :(
 

Tyson surprised me with a trip to Wilmington, NC for our one year anniversary!!   We spent a lot of time on the beach, touring downtown, and RELAXING!!
   Two days after our anniversary and the day before we left, we found out that the decision to make our family bigger just one month ago had happened.....we are pregnant!!!
  
August
School started in mid-August.  This would be the last semester I would spend at Edison, as we are moving to a new school in January.
Tyson's friend Kevin flew out here so they could both compete in a triathlon in Michigan.  I went along for support and to be their photographer, but had to leave as soon as they crossed the finish line to get back for the first day of school!

Tyson also took a leap of faith and sold his part of Snap Fitness.  He started working at Dan Deery Motors in Waterloo.

September
We finally had our first doctor's appointment and got to see Baby Burton!  We found out our official due date of April 2nd.  We then spent Labor Day weekend in Omaha with the Malcolm's and my parents and were able to tell them the great news!!
   
 After this, we both purchased new vehicles that would be better for a brand new baby.
We also had our 2nd doctor's appointment in September and learned that everything was still good.  We finally told the world we were pregnant at the end of September!

October
We helped Ava celebrate her 2nd birthday with an Elmo birthday party!
   
 We also had family pictures taken.

 We celebrated my 25th birthday with dinner at Sakura - yum!!

November
We celebrated Tyson's birthday, my grandma's 80th birthday, and the Meinders' Christmas all in one fun-filled weekend!! 

We also watched my bump grow, reached the milestone of 20 weeks, and got to see our baby again!!  We are keeping the gender a surprise, so we didn't find that out.


   We spent Thanksgiving visiting my grandma Pecha, shooting Tyson's new gun, and finding out that the Malcolm's would be welcoming a baby in July!!! (We had to wait a month to share the news though).

December
I used one of my personal days and spent a weekend shopping in Des Moines with my mom, Wendy, and Ava.  

Christmas was spent in Cedar Falls/Waterloo this year.  

   We also spent a lot of Christmas break painting the nursery and putting together furniture!  It's almost ready for a baby!!! 

Happy 2012 everyone!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment