Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas and New Years

We've been changing up our Christmas plans for the past 2 years now that it's not just the 5 of us anymore.  This year, we decided to spend Christmas eve in Cedar Falls.  Everyone gathered at our house for part I of presents before church at Orchard Hill.  After church, we ate supper at our house and then continued with part II of presents.  We all hit the jackpot (of course)!  Tyson isn't really one for making a list like my mom requests each year, but lucky for him, I listen to him mention things that he wants all year long and can usually come up with a pretty good list! :)  I got some great gifts too, but the one I've been practicing with is my sewing machine!  My mom and I are going to be making the bumper and curtains for the nursery, so this way I'll be able to help out!  I now have a list of things I can't wait to make once I've had a little more experience.

Ava helping make snacks the night before Christmas eve.

Our enormous pile of presents!

Ava starting to open some gifts.

After church - this picture will look different next year!!


After gifts and hanging out, Wendy, Ava (Darren was sick), and my parents went to Malcolm's.  Josh stayed at our house.  On Christmas morning, Tyson and I exchanged gifts before heading over to Malcolm's to watch Ava open her presents from Darren, Wendy, and Santa.  We are thinking that with all of her new toys, we might need some new ones over at our house for her to play with!  We spent the rest of the day eating, playing a couple games, being lazy, and watching tv.


For New Years eve this year, Tyson and I spent the afternoon painting the nursery.  That night we had reservations at Sakura with the Malcolm's.  We thought Ava would like it more than she did.  She was interested and kept saying it was funny, but at the same time, wouldn't let go of Wendy! :)  I'll have to admit, it is a little freaky to have someone light a huge fire only a couple feet away from your face.  After dinner, we went home and just relaxed in front of the tv.  I did manage to stay away until midnight, but was asleep soon after.

Today (New Years day) we've spent laying around and painting in the nursery again.  We also (finally) received the correct leg for the crib yesterday, so Tyson is currently putting that together.  I'll be taking down the tape tomorrow and then I'll post some pictures.  We'll still have some touch-ups to do, but it should be about 95% painted tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment