Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 14, 2012

In Memory Of...

This post is dedicated to my Grandma Meinders.  After months of recovering from a foot amputation this summer, she was starting to be able to get around better.  However, early Sunday morning, we think her heart had taken all that it could handle and allowed her to quietly pass on her own time.  She will be missed immensely by us all, but we should all be at ease knowing that she is finally reunited with my Grandpa Meinders, her son Lynn, and daughter Julie.  I was sad thinking that she would never know Baby Burton.  But really, she will, just not in the way we had all planned. 

I am extremely thankful that Wendy, Ava, and I made a last-minute trip to meet my mom and visit Grandma right before New Year's.  There, Wendy and I received our Christmas gifts from Grandma and got matching pearl bracelets.  We found out at the visitation on Thursday that we weren't the only ones with those bracelets.  Grandma had given all 7 of her granddaughters the same bracelet for Christmas this year.

January 2012

Meinders' Christmas 2009

Burton wedding - July 2010

Bridal shower - May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment